MovieMistakes.com has already begun a list of mistakes found in Eclipse! Don’t worry, they are nothing too bad. Most of it is just very trivial -
The newborns aren’t all “pretty” as vampires should be. In the scene where Bella takes off on the motorcycle with Jacob, Edward’s eyes are golden. When Edward shows up at Bella’s house later that evening, they are black. His thirst wouldn’t have become so apparent so quickly. The Cullens are watching a news report about the violence in Seattle. It is night time in the report, and the reporter says “this is CNN live.”. Cut to the Cullens watching the newscast, and it is daylight out. Forks and Seattle are both in western Washington, it could not be night in one place and day in the other. In the scene where Alice & Charlie are talking on the steps outside Charlie’s house, they are standing still, but in the next shot they are walking down the steps Just after Victoria has been killed, Edward goes over to Bella to bandage the cut she made on her arm, tying the fabric around her wrist. However, when Bella cut herself, it was on the inside of her elbow, not her wrist. In the last scene where Edward and Bella are sitting in the sunny field, Edward is not sparkling
- Just like in New Moon, Bella’s scar from James biting her is on the wrong side of her arm.
- When Jacob’s carrying Bella through the woods, in some shots her left sleeve is quite far over her hand, but on others it’s further back by her wrist.
- The bed scene with Bella and Edward: As he says, ‘It’s just one rule I wanna leave unbroken,’ someone or something moves into shot on the right-hand side, and it’s not Bella. In the next, shot you can see from where Edward is looking that she’s not in that position.
- During the scene where Riley’s parents are talking to Charley in the police department, his picture starts out on top of the file, then later they are handing it to him like he has never seen it before.
- When Bella’s talking to her dad on the sofa early in the movie, watch her right ear. Sometimes there’s hair covering it, sometimes it’s clear, and sometimes there’s a chunk of hair hanging in front of it.
- At various times during the movie Bella’s hair is different (she is wearing a wig due to her hair being cut for her role in “The Runways”). You can notice it from the high angle when she walks to her truck the first time she goes to see Jacob, then various times during the movie her hair seems to be darker sometimes and her hairline moves as well.
- Vampires bodies are not meant to change, but Jasper’s hair is longer in Eclipse than it was in New Moon and Twilight.
- When Jacob is injured by the newborn vampire in the final battle, the Cullens and the Quileutes are crouched around him. The top of Jacob’s flesh-colored body suit is quite visible at his waist; he is supposed to be nude after phasing back into human form.
- Spoiler! When Victoria’s head is popped off by Edward, who has killed her, her eyes are open. Seconds later, from another angle, her eyes are closed.
- After killing Victoria, Edward rips off a piece of Bella’s shirt to tie around her bleeding arm. If you look at where he rips her shirt, the seam is visible where the fabric has already been cut and loosely reattached; there is a long horizontal wrinkle where it doesn’t hang right from the rest of the shirt.
Can you think of any Eclipse movie goofs that were not listed above? If so — let us know in the comment section!